Veterans Day 2012 is approaching and many businesses across the nation will be offering discounts and freebies to veterans, active duty servicemembers, and their families. Below are some of the national military discounts available to veterans this year:
- Applebee’s – Free signature entree for veterans.
- California Pizza Kitchen – Free meal on the November 11 and 12 for veterans and active duty military.
- Chili’s Bar and Grill – Choice of free meal from special menu from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. for veterans and active duty military.
- Denny’s – All you can eat pancakes for veterans and active duty military.
- Einstein Bagels – Free classic or signature bagel on Sunday.
- Golden Corral – Free meal on November 12 from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. for veterans and active duty military.
- Hooters – 10 free boneless wings with purchase of a drink for veterans and active duty military on Veterans’ Day.
- Little Caesars – Free Crazy Bread on November 11.
- Outback Steakhouse – Free Bloomin’ Onion and Coca-Cola on November 11 and 12 for veterans and active duty military, plus 10 percent discount on entire check from November 13 – December 31.
Retail & Services
- AARP – Free or reduced cost driver safety courses for veterans and active duty military during the entire month of November.
- Home Depot – 10 percent discount.
- Lowes – 10 percent discount on purchases up to $5,000.
- National Parks – Free admission for everyone from November 10-12.
Most restaurants or retailers require a valid veteran or military ID or other proof of service to take advantage of the discounts or deals.
Another popular occurrence on Veterans Day are parades and picnics to celebrate and honor our veterans. Many local communities hold such events and whether you are a veteran yourself or a civilian, it can be a great time to join with your neighbors to thank all those who have served or who are currently serving.
Remember that there are many veterans who are now disabled due to injuries they suffered while serving our country. While it is important to recognize their service on Veterans Day, it is also important to offer your thanks and support to them year round for their selfless dedication to our country.
If you are ready to apply for veterans’ disability benefits, or if your application for benefits has been denied, consult with a disability attorney at Veterans Help Group based in South Florida. To discuss your eligibility for benefits and other programs, contact our veterans’ disability firm at 855-855-8992.