Did you know?

Did you know that you may be entitled to special veterans benefits from your state?

Although most veterans benefits are granted through the federally-funded and managed Department of Veterans Affairs, most states also have a state agency that provides services and assists veterans. These services may include cash bonuses for servicemembers returning from the war, special housing benefits for disabled veterans, and vocational rehabilitation.

To find out more, you can go the VA’s website which provides links to the state veterans affairs offices. You can also look for the website for your state department of veterans affairs on a search engine by searching something like, “Montana veterans affairs office.”

If you are a disabled, homeless, or in need of special services, state veterans affairs offices may be able to provide assistance to you in addition to the benefits the VA has to offer.